CHECK OUT REALITY CHECK.
Do you have it in you?
To make an impact? To be a leader?
Are you fearless? Confident? Inspired?
Do you want to get involved?
Then check out
Reality Check is led by youth, with the support of adults. You’ll educate your peers, parents, legislators, community members and decision makers on the tobacco industry and their shady marketing practices. You’ll let big tobacco know today’s youth are not tomorrow’s replacement smokers. You’re not a replacement for anyone — you’re an original. And you’ll be part of something bigger than yourself, working to make a change.
This is what you can do:
- expose the deceptive marketing tactics of the tobacco industry
- create change in your communities through grassroots mobilization and education
- empower your peers to see that they are more than just replacement smokers for the tobacco industry
- decrease smoking imagery in the media
- minimize the impact of harmful tobacco retail marketing on youth
- empower youth across New York State to become leaders in their community
This is how you can do it:
- get friends and classmates to join you in the movement against using tobacco and the tobacco industry
- speak to the leaders and people in your community about what they can do to fight the tobacco companies — and then get them to do it
- speak to reporters from local newspapers, television and radio stations to get your story in the news
- use the power of the youth voice to get the tobacco industry to hear you and change how it does business
- join with other teens from your town and NY state to take action against the tobacco industry
Use your voice. Make your mark. Spark a change.
RC Summit 2018